On this month’s Impolite Conversation, our friend Courtney Bruntz stops by the studio to talk us through which forms of religion are legal in contemporary China, which ones are banned, and which ones fall in between the two. And in a special year-end One Last Thing, we look back at OLTs past and find the ones that best sum up the year gone by.
- Dr. Bruntz told the story of Chairman Mao and the mangoes
- Dan referenced this scene from Monty Python’s Life of Brian.
- Dr. Bruntz also told us about Xian’er, the robot monk, and his claymation adventures.
- Dan’s One Last Thing to sum up 2016 was about the many releases from Marvel Studios.
- Tim’s OLT returned to ESPN’s documentary Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL?